Road Warrior

After battling the garage door at my little storage unit, I finally hit the road at midnight. My mind was set that I had to make it to Austin by July 4th. The 18 hour drive had no impact on my decision to drive straight through. Around Mount Olive, Illinois, I noticed a sign for Mother Jones Monument. I have no idea why I felt compelled to see this, but I turned off. The signage was a little confusing and ultimately I ended up in a cornfield next to a cemetery. While passing the cemetery I immediately noticed this headstone with a great name.
I never found Mother Jones, but I guess I'll save that for the next time I pass by.

I stopped only for gas, freeing the pee, and sleep. At first I was weirded out by sleeping in public, but when one hits the point of exhaustion, it really doesn't matter. I slept at some rest stops, Panera Bread (I never went in), and a strip mall parking lot. Getting just enough rest, but not fully being able to relax due the chance of someone knocking on my window telling me I need to leave. The mini van was surprisingly comfortable.

My older brother and his crew welcomed me with open arms. Everyone asked me why I chose Austin, and all I could say was that if felt right.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Platonic: Hmm.....