Proud To Be An American

I had a fantastic 4th of July. One of the best ones I've had in years. I got in late the night before and didn't really get any sleep because I stayed up talking to a friend from high school who lives in Austin, till 4 in the morning.

After being on the road for way too long, I wasn't sure if I could handle the 4th of July, but my brother Dan quickly convinced me that I had to go. Homemade brisket, boat, salt water pool and hot tub, lake, island, amazing fireworks, awesome house, ect. Dan even put on a ten minute slide show to prove to me what I would be missing.

Lake Buchanan was formed back in 1939 after the construction of Buchanan Dam which flows in and out of the Colorado River. For a man-made lake I was impressed. On top of that we were also chillin at a super cool house located on the lake that was built back in 1940's with a Frank Lloyd Right influence. Thanks to Cowden!

Looking across the lake I noticed a house that had trees growing on the top of the roof.

I really enjoyed being outside, and absorbing the vitamin D which I had been deprived from while living in Chicago.

We eventually obtained access to a boat and rode out to a little island for a couple hours. Texas has islands. We weren't the only ones at the island.

I found a muse.



She never got off the boat.

After a while we headed back to the house to eat dinner and get ready for the fireworks. My body hit a wall and I laid down on cushy couch and didn't wake up till the morning, missing the amazing fireworks. The body spoke. Being in a car for almost an entire day, running on little to no sleep, and being out in the sun all day, and beer, the pass out had to happen. All in all I give my 4th of July 1.65 thumbs up.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Platonic: Hmm.....