Land of Enchantment

After being in Austin for a few weeks, my creative energy pulled me to New Mexico. When New Mexico calls, I come. I met some fantastic people in Austin, but my work there was done, and I wanted to continue on my odyssey in my Odyssey.

My amazing friend Corrie welcomed me to Albuquerque and allowed me to invade her space for the past weeks.


We have known each other for an entire decade. Even though we haven't lived in the same area since we were sophomores in high school, we always had this ability to connect, no matter how much time had passed, or where we lived. Friends for life.
At night we read from Women Who Run With The Wolves, by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, and discuss the different fables and how we apply them our lives. It's kind of our bible. My dad gave me the book after I graduated, along with a GPS. The man knows me better than I ever gave him credit for.

New Mexico has brought out a part of me that I haven't been able to get in touch with for a long time. I have come to terms with my past with New Mexico and I've come to realize that even if there is an understanding that has been met, there is always more to learn and the opportunity for growth. That is if one is open and ready to take an honest look at their life and view it from a different angle.

I'm grateful to have the time and the ability to really process my life and where I am now. It's scary to be totally honest and real with yourself. It hurts. Bad things have happened to me and I have also had to come to terms with the bad things that I have done. Not wanting to admit my wrong for so long. Look at it, feel it, let it go, move forward. Pride prevents progression.

New Mexico has so much natural beauty and a rawness that I haven't felt elsewhere.

The naked mountains permanently painted on the horizon; cartoon clouds come out whenever they want; hot cinnamon sunsets tingle the soul; and the green chili can't be denied.
There is a heavy energy that lurks in the cities and towns that can only be experienced after living here. People either thrive or dive, there is no trampoline . This place can take you so high and also take you to the darkest depths of your soul. This land is not for the superficial, weak minded, and the emotionally denied. Be conscious when entering the "Land of Enchantment" because it can become the "Land of Entrapment."



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Hey now Anne Roos