Turning Quatre

After a week of classes I have a vocabulary of a high functioning four-year-old sometimes a five-year-old depending on the time of day, if I have eaten, and if I have had my nap. 

Vendredi (Friday) was the first day I began asking questions to Martine and Stefanie. A lot of "Qu'est-ce que c'cest...? Also a lot of "Je suis..." Expressing emotions and and asking questions. 

At dinner I listened intently to Martine and Stefanie's conversation While listening I observed their mouths. If you want to speak french, you have to move your mouth. They stopped and looked at me.

J'ami a ecouter e regarder vous bocas-Me
(correcting me) bouche (mouth)-Martine 

She had me repeat the corrected form of the sentence many times.

As we were heading out for night of watching Pelote Basque, I noticed Stefanie changed her pants.

Choisi un pantalone-Me
Oui! (laughs) Katrine, what happened to you today? Did you eat a french dictionary?-Stefanie

P.S. Everyone in France calls me Katrine by default and I love it.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Platonic: Hmm.....