Quincy

Every summer my family and I spend time in the Keweenaw Peninsula.

Aunt Angela and Uncle Chuck bought the Quincy Hill House back in the 70's. It belonged to the former Quincy Mine's head master. The house is believed to be haunted and as an eerie essence that feels like it's stuck in the 1800's.

My cousin Mimi, the oldest of 10 children from Angela and Chuck, invited me over to the Quincy for a telling of the Quincy Hill House story. Most relatives and locales are freaked out by the house because of some paranormal happenings. I've always been enchanted with it. So of course I had to go. The story never gets old.

The basement and the attic are two places that no one goes alone. I however didn't want to wait around from someone to go into the basement with me so I just went. I also wanted to see how long I could stay down there till the chills came.

This is entrance to the basement. It's is believed that back in the day there use to be an underground tunnel from the Quincy mine to the this house. When the house was bought shackles and all sorts of strange things were found. No one really knows what the basement was used for but it does have the feel of a prison or torture chamber.













Room filled with only chopped wood.





































After taking this photo the chills started to come. I had been down there for almost ten minutes at that point.

















Old walker that came with the house.


















Second floor to the bedrooms and former maids quarters.
























































Where mattresses come to die.


















Mrs. Lawton's wheel chair, the former head master's wife.


















A student from Michigan Tech killed himself in here in the widow's peak a while back.

































































































































Original wall paper from the 1800's.


















Where the last aparition appeared.


















Mr. Lawton, former mine master.















































The house today is rented out by Michigan Tech students and some relatives live in it. Below is a recording of my cousin Mimi telling the story. The volume is quite soft and the lighting dark so crank up the volume and let your mind imagine the rest.

(I didn't have my other camera so all of this was taken on an iPhone)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Hey now Anne Roos