Epiphany: Name and Sausage

Lately I've been having issues with what I want people to call me. Family and old friends know me as "Katy." People I've meet after age 20 know me as "Kathryn," and my stage/dj name is "Cat Spot" and people currently call me "Cat." None of these are really working for me.

Many people in my life have been telling me, "I don't know what to call you. What do you want me to call you?"

I've been perplexed by this identity dilemma.

Today, all that changed. I had an epiphany while eating brunch at Birchwood Kitchen after late night shenanigans on my rooftop.

We were talking about names and nick names. I really don't like any of my names right now. I thought about all the derivatives of Kathryn and then it hit me. "Ryn." Why didn't I think of this before? Why isn't this being used by more people? Holy shit I love it! I'm going to meet my soul mate and he will call me Ryn.

I've gone through some major transformations in the past year and feel I need something more drastic than a hair cut to celebrate.


Oh yeah, one more epiphany. I ordered a bacon stuffed sausage at Birchwood Kitchen. They gave us complimentary banana bread. Ali Hunger and Caiti Craft were with me. Someone said something about putting the banana bread with the sausage. I cut little pieces for everyone to try and it was mind blowing. "We need to tell them about this!"

We shared our discovery with the employees. It will be called "circus sausage."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Platonic: Hmm.....