Ana Forrest+Magic Notebook+Sexual Creativity

Last night I met Ana T. Forrest, creator of Forrest Yoga.
She spoke about stalking fear, breathing through it, and conquering the physical and emotional responses to fear that cause us to retreat. Asked her to sign my "magic" notebook and about channeling sexual energy into creative energy.
Wonderful woman.
-
At this point in my life I'm terrified to be sexually intimate with a man. I've allowed my body to be invalidated and used by guys who never appreciated my life force as a woman and a creator. 

I was made to feel guilty when not in the mood. Manipulated in to having sex when I really didn't want to, but did it anyway because I didn't want to lose the person. Contracted an STD from a partner I thought was being monogamous and much worse.  

Being sexually intimate with a person who can't see you and doesn't want to see you is a rape of the spirit and a dishonor to the female force. These guys are cowards.

I've been on this journey of celibacy to heal sexually, emotionally, and learning channel that energy into creative energy. 
I struggle with sexuality because I'm aware that I am a very sexual being and have been my whole life. It's brought me a great deal of punishment, pain, and misery. I go to extremes, from piping promiscuity to cold celibacy. There is comfort and familiarity in both because both stem from the same place.

The trick is to use the sexual energy in a creative way and setting fluid boundaries. It doesn't have to be making art, but maybe attracting new friends, a job, working with what you already have and rediscovering the glory, or just looking fabulous.  Just because you have sexual energy doesn't mean that you have to have sex or even elude to it. It's really not about sex/intercourse.

Living in the United States we are based off of a sexually repressed puritanical platform.  We've been taught to fear sex and punish people who exude this, even if she hasn't done anything, and even if she has, why is that wrong? 

Sexuality is pure, fluid, and healing. It's the lack of awareness and acceptance of one's own sexual nature that contributes to the continual repression and resistance to the residual beauty of the world. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Platonic: Hmm.....