I disagree with Ayn Rand


“The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.”

 Ayn Rand



As I sat in my 1996 Odyssey mini van sobbing, I realized my whole life I've been surrounded by people stopping me. One might say I let them stop me, which is probably true to an extent but hear me out.

I use to think this quote was so amazing and really gave it power. I've come to understand that it's all backwards.

If I focus attention on people who are going to stop me, what is that really doing? What if I focus my intention on attracting people who will let me. For example: people who let me be myself verses people who try to stop me from being myself. Doesn't that make more sense?

I believe the quote should say this:

"The question isn't who is going to stop me; it's who is going to let me."

It's all about where one puts her attention and focus. Honestly I'm sick and tired of crapy friends, bosses that are threatened by me and stop me from moving up, and arrogance along with ignorance (horrible combo).

Positive, constructive, attractive thinking. That feels much better :)





Comments

  1. all your problems would be solved if you moved to the west coast

    no one will try to stop you from doing anything here, theyll let you walking straight into the ocean if you want !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ambrosia and Autism

Ms. Jasinski

Platonic: Hmm.....